Friday, May 3, 2013

Delicious M&M Cookie Bars

Delicious M&M Cookie Bars

Today I decided to make these delicious bars again. I had been putting it off because the first time I made them my silly pregnancy carpal tunnel acted up and my wrist hurt for days after stirring them. (I don't have a mixer sadly). They were very yummy though, so I will sacrifice my poor wrist so that my husband can have his dessert he has been waiting for. Do not worry dear readers, I will be sure to eat my fair share as well.

I found this recipe over at Fearless Homemaker and it was very easy to make. The bars turned out very rich and buttery and soft and delicious with plenty of chocolate in every bite. I am also attempting to work on my photography of objects such as these bars, so hopefully it will improve eventually. Oh and my wrist didn't even hurt this time, so it was a good experience all around. Here is the recipe you have all been waiting for:

M&M Cookie Bars

2 1/8 cups all-purpose flour
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/2 teaspoon baking soda
12 tablespoons unsalted butter (1 1/2 sticks), softened
1 cup brown sugar, lightly packed
1/2 cup white sugar
2 large eggs
2 teaspoons vanilla extract
1 12oz bag M&M’s, divided

1. Preheat the oven to 325 degrees. Grease a 9×13 pan and set aside.

2. In a medium sized bowl, whisk together the flour, salt, and baking soda; set aside.

3. In a large bowl, beat the butter and sugars until light and fluffy. Add the eggs and vanilla and mix well. Fold the dry ingredients into the egg mixture until just combined; do not over-mix. Fold in 1 cup of M&M’s and turn the batter into the prepared pan, smoothing the top with a spatula. Sprinkle the remaining M&M’s on top and press in slightly.

4. Bake 25-30 minutes, until the top of the bars is light golden brown, slightly firm to the touch, and edges start pulling away from sides of pan. Cool completely before cutting.

(I might be linking to some of these lovely parties)

4 comments :

  1. These look mouth watering! Might have to surprise the hubby with these sometime soon.

    I'm Co-Host at Pin It Tuesday, I would like to thank you for your addition to our hop. Hope too see you next week :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love m&m cookies!! Thanks for linking up at Give Me the Goods Monday! Jenna @ Rain on a Tin Roof

    ReplyDelete
  3. Mmmmm yummy! Your photograph is great-makes me want to bake them.

    Thanks for sharing on the BeBetsy BRAG ABOUT IT.

    Sharon and Denise ♥
    Fashion | Food | Beauty | Out & About | Morning Coffee

    Follow us:
    Facebook ~ Twitter ~ Bloglovin ~ Pinterest

    ReplyDelete
  4. These look delicious! I love a moist cookie bar recipe and these look perfect. Found you through Mandy's Recipe Box. Thanks for sharing, I'm your newest follwer!

    New Mrs. Adventures


    ReplyDelete

ShareThis

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...